Why does this happen? Is it objective truth or personal bias?

So when I first met my the guy I used to date last year - I thought he was very average looking. I went out with him since I was very lonely and he seemed like the least likely to create problems for me and he was slightly good looking to me.

I ran into him at school last week after we separated and I thought he was by far the best looking guy in the entire university.

Last year I would have given the guy a 6 out of 10.

Now I think he is an 11 out of 10.

I don't know if he is good looking or if I think he is good looking from dating him in the past. Before January I had not see him since August and in August I did not find him to be that good looking.

110

Most Helpful Guys

• People can gain and decrease attractiveness. I do all the time I think. You probably just miss him.

• want what you can't have simples