Why does this happen? Is it objective truth or personal bias?

So when I first met my the guy I used to date last year - I thought he was very average looking. I went out with him since I was very lonely and he seemed like the least likely to create problems for me and he was slightly good looking to me.

I ran into him at school last week after we separated and I thought he was by far the best looking guy in the entire university.

Last year I would have given the guy a 6 out of 10.

Now I think he is an 11 out of 10.

I don't know if he is good looking or if I think he is good looking from dating him in the past. Before January I had not see him since August and in August I did not find him to be that good looking.

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• People can gain and decrease attractiveness. I do all the time I think. You probably just miss him.

0|0
    0|0
  • want what you can't have simples

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Guys do grow up and mature. A LOT. Smart women know this, and project their future value as well as what it presents today.
    But when you write them off with your 'I'm better than you' attitude, they're never coming back for you. Some other high-value woman will snap them up. Sorry toots, you lose.

0|0
    0|0
  • you must be looking with different eyes. now you see him as the guy you want where as before you saw him as a guy you liked. there's a difference but it does go to illustrate the fact that a lot of attraction comes from the less superficial stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • I think this is just a case of realising your past mistakes and feeling regret for being shallow.

0|0
    0|0
  • how intimate were you?
    There is his value... which he may have adjusted in looks, dress, social status, confidence... that could bump him up.

There is your minds eye translation of him, which can adjust ugly into beautiful. Our minds are what tells us what something looks like, so you are beautifuying him in your head probably... mayb you've been dreaming about him.

I have a theory that bacteria transfer also related to how we view the other person... why I asked about intimacy. we are 1t cells, 10t bacteria and the energy produced. that bacteria, of his, would be transferred over and be a player if you will. theory... not fact. kudies dominate for a while!!! lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • He got a mustache? He cut his hair? He is wearing better clothes? He gained or lost weight? Other woman flirt with him , so now he is in "demand".

0|0
    0|0
  • Who broke up with who?
    Does he have money now?
    Is he getting a career?
    Is he in shape now?
    Did you think the grass was greener on other side

0|0
    0|0
  • You're horny and deprived right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • If u find out how this works tell me too

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you still single and lonely, so he's not as average as before?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes