Another Ex Text - What Do I Do?

Long story short. Ex dumped me for another woman 4 months ago. He has been texting me since we broke up on an average of about once a week for the past 4 months. The texts used to be small things like "hope your well" and things like that. Anyway, for about 2 months now, I have ignored ALL his attempts at communication. (Wow is that ever hard) He recently sent me a text that said "I miss you" with a pic attached that he had taken of me on his cell phone a year ago. (Surprised he still has it considering he left me for another woman) Anyway, he just sent me one a couple hours ago that said "Will I ever get to see you again?" Again, I have not responded to a single text in 2 months and he continues to write increasingly emotional messages to me.

Is he really trying this hard to play games with me? Do you think he regrets leaving and is now looking for a way back in? I have not responded to the latest text but, its getting harder and harder to ignore his contact.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel you! Mine has been texting me spotaniously for the past 6mo.s and I'm in a relationship I ignored for a while but finally caved, I don't know your situation but I started texting back finally and things only became more complicated for me. But I have a new boyfriend and that's a lot of the reason why there's such complication... I am hung up on my ex and not afraid to admit that and I have been very honest w my current from day one, but now my current keeps pushing for more adn more commitment that I'm not ready to make so I actually just afew days ago had to ask him for a break, I am torn between the two of them and honestly think I might just need ot be alone for a while to get my head straight and my heart in line with it ( which is where the issue lies)... my best advice seriously consider it before you open that window to your past... it can cause a lot of emotion. If you think that it may be worth it and you would always wonder what if if you didn't talk to him do it... but be sure he's not still seeing someone else first because it very well may be what he did to you, he got bored stale whatever and went to the next exciting thing, what if he's bored w her now and pulling you back in ... be very aware.

What Guys Said 1

• My ex cheated on me two times. The first time it happened I let it go and when I took her back, she got with another guy. She said she did regret it but could not be with me because of "this and that" but she cheated on me again. Believe me when I say he does regret it but he will not stay true. The cliche saying is real "Once a cheater, always a cheater." Text him back that you have someone else in your life who did not cheat on you so he would leave you alone. Also tell him that you despise cheaters because you can never trust them.

What Girls Said 2

• My ex did the same thing to me... trust me, you want to keep ignoring him. At some point, it will get easier to ignore and you'll be happy you did.

• ALL the guys are the same. They just want their exs back because they want to prove themselves that they still got some sort of power over you. The fact that you have been ignoring ALL HIS ATTEMPTS to talk to you and push some buttons and trigger some emotions in you, HE MUST BE A MAD MAN now lol. DO NOT ever answer.. I did make the same mistake and found myself back in a BS relationship another 6 more months. IT WAS TERRIBLE. Save a headache. IGNORE.

• She is actually right.. I had the same feeling when I split up with a previous, but I didn't try and mess her around.. we split up for good reasons so I left it at that.. but I had that stupid erg of wanting to know that if I did actually want her back I could get her back.. I've still got it now.. but ill never contact her because id hate to get her thinking that I still love her