Is online flirting cheating?

Is online chatting/ flirting considered cheating?

125

Most Helpful Girl

• It's emotionally cheating if it's occurring constantly. There is a void he's trying to fill. Personally this type of cheating is the worst for me. Talk to him and find out why he did it or feels he needs to.

What Guys Said 5

• It certainly isn't cool.

• i wouldn't like it personally.

• Yeah. The internet doesn't make it any different than in person.

• My fiancee thinks so. I'd say if you have no intent to pursue it and it's just some harmless fun, well then it's just that, harmless. I think most women would probably say yes though

• man I'm really sorry but if your going to marry this girl harmless flirting or you so call it in this stage is going to make her t hink you are not husband material. don't do it.

• depends on your intentions. some people just like to meet new friends and flirting is innocent fun. we all like to do it. we get ego boosts from flirting and it's good to make other people feel good about themselves (there's nothing wrong with that). on the other hand, others like to feel like they're doing something bad. you can be "on the under" with someone online. and the possibility of getting caught can make an otherwise boring day more interesting. so to answer your question: is everything out in the open? if so, it's innocent stuff. if not, it's cheating because there's a reason that secrets are kept.

What Girls Said 11

• The question isn't whether it is or is not. The question is why you feel the need to flirt online. You should just reflect on why your relationship isn't satisfying you fully.

• well its not me..its my boyfriend who is doing it.

• Oh, well then you need to talk to him and ask him exactly why it is that he does it. Listen to him and think with your brain not heart, a lot of girls don't act quick enough, by following their 'feelings'. So just hear him out and make a decision that makes you happy (on the long term).

• my ex was a jerk.. we had a PERFECT relationship.. but he flirted with girls online when I was busy with college.. he said he did it for "fun" but I dumped him because it got to the point that he said I love you to two girls online! Now he just cries for me to forgive him.

• Online chat/flirting is no more cheating than p*rn or sexting. I think all are disrespectful to your partner but some people turn to these to fulfill a need that is not being met in their relationship. Often times it is just easier than getting what you need from your partner. Turning outside your relationship to have your needs met only weakens the bond between the two of you. I would not tollorate it, come to me, be honest, lets work on this or leave.

• Would you want your boyfriend/girlfriend online flirting with someone else? If it's okay with you, then it's fine. If you think you'd get pissed off about it, then no. It's not TECHNICALLY cheating physically. But I know that if I caught my boyfriend flirting with a girl online for "harmless fun" I'd be pissed off and I'd probably break up with him.

• Depends on the intensity.

Saying "looking hot in that top" to a friend online is flirting but not cheating.

Whereas talking to strangers and getting to know them online and then proceeding to flirt and say I find you hot is definitely cheating.

Hope you get the difference.

• Flirting isn't cheating. Not in my eyes. I think it's kind of disrespectful to flirt with someone else, but it's not cheating.

• yea and no. Flirting is the stepping stone to cheat, If you have a boyfriend who is a 7 at best but nice to you, Then you have this guy who is like a 10 and flirt with him. What happens, your curious where it else could it go. Then next thing you know this guy is your side man. Maybe its my opinion cause I seen it most of my life but either way I'm sticking to it O_o

• If you wouldn't like your boyfriend doing it to you, then I'd say it is. If you think he wouldn't like what you're saying, then yes I'd consider it cheating.

• This depends on the boundaries both you and your partner have in your relationship. You should speak to your partner and understand what is acceptable to each of you.

• nah

• flirting isn't cheating, online or offline

• O_o uh huh, Do you have a boyfriend ? If so then if you told him this, then he's probably cheated already.

• If you have to ask then you should already know the answer

• No I don't really think so.

If it will never be anything more, what's the harm?

But if your SO is hurting because of it, then maybe. idk.