How to let go of the past?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years. This is my first relationship and the first half we never had a fight, mostly because I wouldn't say anything when he hurt or upset me somehow.

We have gone through a lot together and I love him with all my heart but I can't let go of the past. I still resent him for the things he use to do, he even admits he wasn't the best boyfriend. I resent myself for staying with him through that time when I should have broken up with him.

He is really trying now, and things are good so far. But I can't get over resenting him and myself. I don't know what to do.

02

What Guys Said 2

• you need to force yourself to forget the bad or you shorten your lifespan and you maintain negative karma within the relationship...it's self-sabotage

start building good memories and experiences together as a focal point of your relationship

• I got a better idea do what Trihill said build good memories and lots of them, make special occasions of trips take photos relax and enjoy your time together. Go out of town for the weekend to an amusement park or the beach or camping and stay for the weekend.

Do lots of fun stuff together.

What Girls Said 0