Constantly talking about her ex. wtf?

a Girl I've developed some interest in, keeps bringing up how her Ex called her a "sociopath" when they were breaking up. I thought she was mature, but now I'm thinking not. While I don't think she's a sociopath myself, her constant mention of what he said to her is somewhat getting on my nerves.

Why does she keep bringing it up? and what can/should I do?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• She keeps bringing it up because she probably needs validation from you that you don't think that she's a sociopath. I would sit her down and let her know that you don't think that she's a sociopath, but that she is turning you off by constantly bringing it up. It's not fair to either one of you if you just keep silent about it. She might inadvertently turn you away for good without ever having been given the opportunity to change the behavior in question. Then you both lose.

What Girls Said 3

• Just ask her why she keeps bringing it up and if you should be worried? You can say it in a jokingly way but make sure she answers it.

• If she keeps bringing up her ex, its because she's not over him. Fair enough if its just one or two little stories to let you know about her past, but if every opportunity she gets she talks about him, then I would say she is not over him. She may hate him, but if she's talking about him that much I would say he is still on her mind and she is too resentful and hung up on him to even pursue something with someone else.

• it means she love her ex...shes not over yet ...she keeps on come up about that thing because in that way she can still feel the presence of it... she's still in denial stage... just talk to her and tell her what you feel about it :)

What Guys Said 0