What do you think it means when your ex dates someone similiar to you?

my ex broke up with me six months ago. Two months later he started seeing this girl who is considered to have a similar personality? My ex and I were together for a long time and were in love, even when we broke up. I still do have some feelings for him. Pretty soon I'm going to see him everyday... Do you think his feelings will come back for me if he's dating a girl similar to me?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she has a little more of the features he liked, or just the right look. Maybe he liked her look a bit better than yours. Whose to say. But it means he was attracted to your personality, so feel happy about that. He's consistant. And I don't think they will. Because there's a reason he broke up with you, and there's a reason he's dating her, and whatever that is I'm sure it's a valid one. She's a bit quieter, and he likes that, maybe something about her looks, maybe something about how she looks at him, or talks to him. It's the little things that can be most important.

But no, don't count on it. In fact just let him go, the relationship is done and he's happy with her, so let him be happy, let her be happy. Don't try to draw him back, you'll probably end up annoying him if he really does like this girl.

However, depending on how the relationship ended he might see you as a dateable person again. Maybe you changed in little ways by the end and it was frustrating him that you weren't the girl he started dating, in that case maybe. But even if so, it's ended once and let bygones be bygones. There's no good trying to get back some one who doesn't want you. There's some one more perfect for you out there.

If you gave more details about the break up I could probably be more specific but I don't know who ended it, or why it was ended so I can't say.

• I have no idea. We got in a dumb fight... And over a text I said I'm done... Meaning I'm don't talking about whatever we were talkig about. And he took it as me breaking up with him? Then when I got ahold of him be said he didn't want to get back together and that I push him around... Because sometimes when we were in a fight I would say "your being a d***" or an ass. I get I should have said that. I didn't know he took it so personally. But the next day we got back together. Then 3 days later

• so true. It doesn't bother me that much. Just kinda of weird he would pick someone like me

• Well not really. It means he has specific things he likes in a girl, and both of you fit the criteria. It shows a stable guy who knows what he wants.

What Guys Said 2

• Wow, this sounds similar in my case. I still love my ex and I guess I am waiting for her to come back to me in a way because I believe the best in her. His feelings will come back to you since you were in love as you said. Let me guess, your in college and this is your winter break and school begins soon so you had some time apart? This is a similar story for me. I was with another girl with a great personality similar to my lovely ex (she cheated on me twice but I still care for her deeply and would do anything for her). His feelings will come back but you have to be patient like she came back to me (until she cheated again but I don't blame her because she's confused). Good luck. If you wanna chat about it, I would be glad to more than obliged to listen and advise to the best of my abilities in this matter.

• He wants the same present with a different rapping.

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like my ex but don't claim he really dating her he tells me he don't go with that girl and he always asking me what I thank about him and he does everything to try to kiss up to me could this mean he still have feeling for me he pop up out the blue and when we not around he explaining himself to me the reason why.

• means he has a type, so he dates girls that are similar.