Guys, what does it mean when ex boyfriend says to move on?

i broke up with my ex boyfriend of 2 years 2 months ago we never talked no contact nothing. he emailed me out of no where saying that he is glad that everything ended and that his life is much better and he moved on and he said I should stop talking bout him to ppl(which is a lie because he is the one talking to people spreading rumors) also he was like oh I am gonna attach what I am gonna be doing in future so he emailed me where he is doing his internship and the whole schedule and the address of the place..so I don't know why he emailed me like that out of no where and he tells me to move on...and forget everything ...its like I haven't even talked to him at all...? why he emailed me like that? does he really want me to move on?

is it over for real?
it was done a long ago on bad terms why this message now?

118

Most Helpful Girl

• i agree with "Adam Thomas". He is seeking attention and I'll add one more thing...he is trying to hurt you which is f**ked up. He is rubbing it in your face how his life is going to be so much better now that you guys aren't together. What a jerk.

My ex did the same thing to me. He didn't call me out of nowhere, but he was all "nice" saying he wanted to end things on a good note instead of a bad (it was very very bad breakup). But then out of nowhere he's like "i'm in culinary school now". there was NO reason for him to tell me this other than him wanting to hurt me.

This is what I believe your ex is/was doing. Not really sure why he emailed his schedule. That could be the chasing thing like the other guy said. Forget this guy as best as you can. I know you won't be able to forget completely, and you may have good and bad days where you think your doing better, then the next your sad. that's okay, part of the process so it seems.

Just don't let him hurt you anymore. Unless he sends a text specifically saying "i want to work things out" or an email with the subject being "lets work things out" DO NOT READ, ANSWER OR RESPOND. because I guarentee he will just be calling to tell you more things and more reasons why he is "so happy" and "so glad you aren't together".

Btw...i'm assuming you want to be back together? Sorry if I'm making a wrong assumption there.

• yes you are right..but I have already replied back to him...and I feel so dumb about it! I actually made him feel much better bout himself kinda thing! arghhhh I m feeling so guilty bout msging him a nice email after he has hurt me so much...:( I don't know what to do...but I heard 2 days ago that he likes someone else now...so I don't know if he is really happy with his life or trying to rub it in my face..?:(

• ...it, doesn't meant they won't change their mind. they have NO CLUE what may happen. so even though in his heart and mind he thinks he'll never be with me, time will only tell. who knows? 1 mth from now he may contact me. NO ONE knows. so hang in there. its hard and sucks because we love them. but there is nothing more we can do. I have tried everything I know how to get him back, and he continued to say "leave me alone, I've moved on". so that's what I'm doing now. nothing else I can do. keep meposted

• sorry for all the comments lol. one more thing I wanted to say. I am big on listening to music. the music I listen to helps me both grieve and move on. here are 2 songs that give me hope (although the one may get you to cry) Broken by lifehouse. and three little birds by Bob Marley. chin up :)

What Guys Said 8

• He is the type who wants to get revenge on his ex, and his way of doing that is to play mind games and to spread rumors.

Your email software comes with a junk mail filter. Add his address to the junk mail filter so you won't even SEE them.

You can call your phone company and block his number so he can't call you - or you can just get the discipline to not answer when he calls, and to NEVER LISTEN to any message he sends you.

Finally, you need to have a serious talk with your friends the next time this guy comes up in a conversation. Let them know that you think he is playing mind game and trying to get revenge... let them know that you would appreciate if they did not talk about him when you are around. If they ask what did he do, just tell them "not much, but he is playing some mind games so I am just shutting him out of my life completely".

• Well my mistake was I replied to it already this happened like two weeks ago and basically I said that's great things are workin out for you and I took all the blame that I was wrong in the relationship which was a very stupid move! I know I regret it a lot! I just wanted to make up with him thout he would come back but he didnt!:( so I don't know if he is really playing mind games or really meant wht he said because he hasn't contacted me since then...

• Plus he was the one who broke up with me .. And I was not at fault he did wrong to me.. But my question is if he will ever write back to me ? Arghhhh I regret writing back to his email so much

• Obviously HE isn't over YOU or he wouldn't be worried about what you might have said..and giving you his address, it's aninviation to contact him.

This is a pretty open statement that he wants you to restart with him. But it's pretty dishonest to hide behind addcusations that you are not over him!

• Yes it's over, he's an idiot. He wants you to chase him, and he wants you to be upset over losing him. The message is just attention seeking. Tell him to f*** off and forget about him.

• well I was so stupid I already replied back to him saying he has turned me into a better person...i know pretty dumb move from my side but then after that he replied back saying I hope everything works out for you and always smile because you look so pretty and I am sure any guy would fall for that...thats what he replied..then I replied saying thanks..its been 2 weeks didn't hear from him ...n I heard from a frd of mine that he already likes someone else now...i am so confused..:/

• You need to forget about him. You're thinking about him too much, it's over. Move on.

• He's a douchebag. The kid is just trying to make you feel bad, because he lost you. The best advice is to ignore it all and just move on to someone worthwhile.

• sounds like he is trying to make you feel bad because you are not giving him the attention he thought he wa going to get from you LOL

he's a deusche don't let it bother you

• it means it over

• Move on

• Lol what a d***. Hey look, my life finally got better after I got rid of you. I've no idea why he'd do that. He's just insensitive I suppose.

What Girls Said 10

• No he doesn't want you to move on because he is selfish like that.

but.. MOVE ON.

Stop analyzing his emails, or anything he says.

We all deal with pain in our own way. This is his way of dealing with the pain. It's selfish but as long as you ignore it, it won't give them any pleasure. Now don't beat yourself up for responding to his email. It's done, and you can't take it back. The only thing you can do now is... ignore him.

He wants to p*ss you off, he wants to hurt you, he wants to make your life miserable... if you show him it hurts... so don't show him how you really feel. Act like you don't give a s*** by ignoring him.

• Thanks you really mAde me feel good with your reply:) I know I was regrettin replying to his email so much but then again what's done is done I can't undo it... He hasn't contacted me since then amd neither did i... I don't really know if he was seeking attention or something else with that email but I am sure he moved on and also I need to...i heard he likes some other girl now its kinda shocking how he moved on so quick... Well watever your right I should ignore him and whatevee he does...!

• He wants you to move on and forget about him. Probably doesn't want you to talk to him either :S Guys do that sometimes :S

• He's just toying with you in my opinion.Maybe he hasn't really moved on and he was expecting you to contact him first.But you didn't,now he's creating stories hoping you will miss him and some how show up at his internship. Maybe he does miss you...but he's also playing games. Delete!Delete!Delete! If you don't want to deal with it...thats what you should do. If you want to entertain it,then you can question him about what's going on. Otherwise,ignore him.Good luck!

• you need to move on

• He is definitely still interested, but he has an ego to protect. Think about it...why on earth would he give you his schedule?...if he didn't care. Either he wants to rub his new life in your face or he wants you to chase him. I say, ignore the schedule. Let him do the freaking out. Then, if you really do care about him...let him know that if he can act civil and stop playing games, you guys could try dating again.

• definitely sounds like a douchebag!

• no... he still likes you and be with you! defense mechanism of some guy is to do that..

• well I did reply back to him in a nice way but I haven't heard from him yet its been like 3 weeks...so I don't know if he really wants me or if he is really over me!?

• I think he is trying to get you to come back, actually. Reverse psychology. He's telling you he's fine and "look at my impressive internship" because he wants you to respect him and rethink your decision to let him go. I'm 95% sure of this.

• no I have replied to his email 2 weeks ago saying that he had made me a better person I took all the blame when he was the one who hurt me...i know pretty dumb but I thout that email will bring him back because I want him back anyways..but then he didn't reply and never contacted again its been 2 weeks..so I don't know if he really wants me back either plus 3 days ago I heard that he told one of his friends that he likes someone else now...so I think he meant what he wrote in that email...what do you think?

• i know I am sure that reply of mine gave him an ego boost and I am not sure if he will ever contact me again...:( please lemme know...!

• And when you asked is it over for real makes me think that you did say something about him or has contact him...

Or you still want him back...I don't know sounds fishy

• That is so funny...no its not over...if you say what you said above is true that you haven't emailed me and you guys haven't talked and he just out the blue emails that its over 2 years ago. No he just want you to chase him. Who emails people sayings I moved on and you need too? If you guys haven't had contact?

Thats so funny.