Can anyone decipher this statement from my ex girlfriend?

I spent a lot)apparently way too much of my life and my heart on her and this is her explantion for why it didn't work out(why she sabotaged the relationship and cheated on me)

because I love (name of new boyfriend)

and I didn't love you I just liked the idea of you

22

Most Helpful Guy

• It probably means you were nice and treated her well, when she was actually looking for a douchebag because she finds it exciting. So you were what was good for her, perhaps not what she wanted. Sorry to hear about it, I've been left all too often because I'm nice, but I'm just not enough of a douche. Apparently girls leave me for guys who will cheat on them. Which is comforting stuff for me. lol

• yeah girls can be real stupid sometimes but I am stupid to because its not the first time she's taken advantage of me being nice to her to walk all over me

• Been there, I'm a complete sucker for a pretty girl who acts how I'd want a girl to act. It lands me in trouble even when I know it will. I've been with the same girl four times each time she has done the same, the worst thing is I'd do it again too. Why? Because I think she is still brilliant despite everything.

What Girls Said 2

• Some people are more compatible than others, and just because she "chose" him over you, doesn't mean she "traded-up" but that she found someone who was a better fit for HER. All relationships eventually end, either they run their course or last a long time until death, it's time for you to move on and find someone better for YOU. Let go of the past.

• Sorry about her- she's a jerk. Anyway, she probably meant that she liked the idea of a relationship (having a boyfriend, love, etc.) you just weren't the one to change the idea into reality. That's my take on it. Hope things get better soon :)

• she said the same thing. But if she liked the idea of a boyfriend, why was my picture the one for her "idea" and when she found another guy did she "trade up" not really but in her opinion

• It depends. I can't really answer that question, sorry.

What Guys Said 1

• dude, you are being screwed over by this girl. Now you have to screw her over. Her new guy is a bull sh*t rebound thing. You tell her that you agree..you felt the same (idea ..) now you've realized it. Tell her you're actually very happy now in life and wish her the best. THen get new chick. Date some of her freinds too. Be the man. Man up. She will be totaly jealous. ignore her ass. Don't abuse or curse her but basically tell her to f*** off.