Why would my ex say this to me?

my ex boyfriend broke up with me, we remained in contact because I wanted to try and work things out and he said he'd think about it. I didn't want to remain friends with him and I made that clear. a month later, after no effort on his part, I started texting a guy I met in a bar. my ex SAW me with the guy but all we were doing was talking.

I'm not dating this guy, and my ex knows that, but he said to me "well y'all might get together soon, or you might start dating another guy I don't know but then maybe we'd get back together if you broke up" I said what do you mean he said "I'm just saying you never know" why would you say that to someone you broke up with?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Hard to say. But if he does not want to sort things now you should move on!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• Playing mind games to have some kind of control over you. He wants you thinking about him. Cut contact and don't waste another thought on him. Your ex didn't show any interest in fixing things until you tried to move on, what does that tell you?

• he is playing mind games. he wants to make you uncomfortable about being in a relationship with another guy. he wants you to be restless thinking "oh he is waiting for me... let me leave this guy for him"... so relax! tell him straight that because he didn't want to sort out things with you that's y you are talking to this another guy...its not the other way around!

• MIND GAMES! Don't ever get bothered with his BS, better yet, stop talking to him.