Does anyone know a surefire way of getting over someone?

Its been almost a year and half since I broke up with my ex. We talked for a little while afterward and completely fell out of touch. It didn't end badly, we decided that we should go our own ways. It was very short lived. I feel stupid for still thinking of him after all this time, when I'm pretty sure he's long moved on. In the past, I would get over a guy when I started liking someone else. I don't want to do that again, I feel as though I'm relying on other people for happiness in a way. Anyway, is there anything I can do to completely get over him, without "relying" on a guy?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think someone ever fully gets over an EX, I just think they find someone else who they finally like more. Not that they get over it, but rather they learn from it. Maybe forgetting aspects of the relationship but taking what's needed to move on and learn. I just think everything takes time, I understand it has been an extremely long time since the break. Time heals all wounds and eventually when the time is right you'll finally move on. I get that may be hard to understand but just go out and have with friends. Their there for you and there to help you through the tough. Just go out an live, we've young, you have plenty of time for love and guys. When the right one is present, you'll know and the past will seem ever so far away. I personally still haven't gotten over many EXs, but rather just learned and used all my experiences for my future relationships. Good Luck

What Guys Said 1

• There is no surefire way, it just happens eventually or sometimes never. Usually your first true love will always plague your mind.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm the same way. I rely on guys to make me feel needed or being with someone new makes me feel happy, but its only in the mean time. Relationships take a lot of work. Knowing yourself well, and taking care of yourself first is the most important thing. Yes you can have one nighters, flings, fwb, etc. All those don't matter, what really matters is mending your broken heart, so that when that right person comes along you can be positive, and bring out the best of each other. Try new hobbies, community service, work on your career, or focus on school. Whatever obligations you have put that first and then when that's in place people will notice your lively self and be drawn to you.