Is it ok to breakup with someone over text if they were abusive/manipulative?

I know breaking up with someone over text is usually tasteless and cold but I had to do that with my most recent ex because he cheated/emotionally and mentally abused and manipulated me so many times that I couldn’t take it anymore. We go to the same university but live in different states, I didn’t call him because I felt like he wasn’t worth a call after the way he treated me. Should I still have given him a phone call at least?

35

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I agree with AustinMan.

I've been in the same situation myself.

I went a step further actually. I dumped him by (terse) text, blocked him and left his stuff with the concierge and changed the locks.

I've never looked back and felt that my actions were relevant/appropriate.

Most Helpful Guys

• No, because the answer you're going to get might be mean, and you don't need to dig your own grave with your own hands. You don't need his approval to start living your life... just start now.

• Why even bother, force yourself to move on. Ghost him, he deserves it for how little respect he showed you.