My ex texted me. What the hell? I don't get it... I REALLY need some insight.

My ex broke up with me in August. At first he said it was because I was always talking to guys(I do have guy friends, but it was never like that) and that he couldn't compete with them, because he didn't go to school and I just graduated with my electrical engineering degree. Anyway, later I found out that he had a "one-night stand" and the girl ended up getting pregnant. When he found out about her being pregnant, he wanted to see if I would stay with him, but then he decided that he couldn't stay with me because of the situation.

Well about 4 months later, w/o contact, he texted me... he called me by my nickname and said that he was really sorry for everything he did and that he didn't expect me to forgive him or text him back. He also said that he was praying for my family and especially my mom (my mom has cancer) and that no matter how far he was he would always love my family.

I don't understand the point of texting me that. My mom already had cancer before we broke up, so I don't think he needed to say anything about it. Also, why did he call me by my nickname? And why tell me that he loves my family, when he should have been in love with me? Ugh... insight?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• some people on here I think give negative advice because their bitter their own relatonship didn't work out so they take it out on other people. Personally I don't think he was drunk and I don't think he did it to make himself feel better. people argue, they break but have you heard you don't know what you got til its gone? many people go through it and the fact that you haven't contacted him can make him think about how foolish ure breakup was. Now you may not want to hear this but obviously he has feelings for you (that doesn't mean nessarily he's relationship ready or wants one at this point) and obviously he cares so him bringing up your moms illness may be his way of showing he cares about you to open lines of communication. it can be frustrating when a man comes back when you think youve gotten over them. if you chose to move on just say or text thank you caring and then end it there. if you see something in the future just take things one day and a time see where he's coming from, and go with the flow. hope this helps...:)

• That's what I was thinking so I texted him back asking him why he texted me. I figured it was just easier to ask the source rather than ask other people why he was doing what he was doing. Anyway he text me back saying, "Well it's not like I hate you or anything. It won't happen again." It wasn't what I was expecting and it made me mad. So I wrote back to him telling him a lot of the things that I didn't get a chance to tell him. Things that hurt. How stupid he acted. And although I didn't hear

• what I wanted I at least got to get some things off my chest.

What Guys Said 1

• It might have been a drunken text.

What Girls Said 3

• he is feeling guilty nd he wants to show how much he cares nd wht a "good guy" he has become... ignore it!

• he wants you.

• he misses you.