Break up - he let me go easily?

I broke up with boyfriend a week ago. I have not regretted my decision at all so I know I made the right call to end the relationship. He was very immature and lazy too. I know I should have said some of my concerns to him but I feel like there was too much to change. I am not perfect myself but I need to surround myself with people that help me to grow, that don’t agree with everything I do (I need someone to question some of my decisions) and also that actually wants an adventure rather that to stay in bed all the time when he’s not at work, watch tv or order takeaways all the time because he’s either too lazy to cook or too lazy to learn to cook. I have to eventually find someone who makes me a better person!

He only text me once since the break up to say that he enjoyed having me in his life and for me to take care. So I know that he was respecting my decision. Half an hour later I had a friend request from him. I felt that after the breakup it would be best to de-friend him and it’ll be easier for both of us to move on. I am pretty certain he was drunk when he messaged me and sent the request.

But my brother is very surprised that my now ex hasn’t tried to stop me from leaving. He says that if it was his girlfriend that tried to break up with him then after a couple of days he would have messaged to see if she actually did want to break up or if it was just because she was struggling mentally at the time. Because if you really liked or loved someone then you wouldn’t just accept it like he has.

So now I am thinking that maybe he wasn’t actually insterested in me that much anyway. Or maybe he is just giving me some space or “trying to respect me” by allowing me to just walk away so easily?

What are your thoughts on this?
Break up - he let me go easily?
1
1