Should I tell him I cheated on him? I feel terrible, even though my actions took place before I had decided to stay with him.

It was at the beginning of the relationship when I wasn't even sure if I wanted to be with anyone, about a month or less in. However, now were almost half a year in, and I'm feeling guilty over it--especially since it was with his best friend since his best friend and I were having a fling before I even met him. Do I tell him I cheated? I feel terrible, even though my actions took place before I had decided to stay with him.

• Tell him.
  • Don't tell him.
Thanks to everyone who helped, not so much to those who called me filthy... Anyway, told him, and he has chosen to stay with me (for those of you who cared for the outcome). You were all so helpful :]

1512

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're really serious about this guy - and it sounds like you are - then you don't want to bear the burden of this through your entire relationship which could last a long time. The fact that you posted this question shows that you have a conscience. This guilty feeling isn't going to just go away. So tell him...before you get in even deeper. Obviously you gotta seem very apologetic and upset and anxious so he knows you really do know it's a big deal. Hopefully he'll appreciate your honesty and accept the fact that it just happened once, 5 months ago and you've been faithful ever since then. Good luck hun :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE