What does it mean when he says "I left you because I was afraid that you'll get hurt more later"?

I don't understand this..after break up he never told me how he felt. he hides his feelings, although we were very good friends since high school (almost 5 years)

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I really wanna sleep around but I don't want to cheat on you, you are a nice girl and I don't think you'd handle it.. I'm still trying to be a player.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Personally, I think he was trying to tell you that he had known he was going to break up with you eventually down the road, so he felt that if he remained in the relationship, your feelings would have just deepened and the break up would have just been harder for you to handle had he not done it sooner.

• he sounds as if the breakup was inevitable. so he thought of doing it sooner than later...

i know it sucks but what can one do except accept things and move on?