My boyfriend cheated on me and everything he ever told me was a lie. How can I move on?

He said he loved me, he said he cared about me, he said he would do ANYTHING for me, then I find out he's been cheating and lying the whole time. After we broke up he said I was the first and probably the last girl he would ever do that to. I asked him, "Why me, then? You said you loved me" but he wouldn't tell me why.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, I'm so sorry that happen to you. It must be really hard I am now trying to move on from complications with my ex so I can imagine what your going through. The best thing to do right now is just keep yourself busy, don't dumb yourself down in school/work. A guy is not worth your future.(especially someone who cheats.) Spend time going out and having a good time with your friends. Get a makeover maybe or start going to the gym or join some kind of club to get your mind off of things. Your far better off without him, what he did was disrespectful and disgusting. No women deserves that. And also, if you find yourself having a meltdown or you can't stop thinking about him I wouldn't be alone. Have your friends come over or talk about it with your family.

Hope this helped, good luck with everything xxx

What Guys Said 2

• No comment. Lots of selfish assholes in the world. I was with a girl that I gave multiple chances to. There's no evidence that she cheated, but she hid a lot of stupid little things from me. "I have to go." and then she'd go ahead and talk to other guys.

• If he lied before then he may be lying about that...he may have done it before and may very well do it again. You're better off without him lying to you and cheating on you. One day you'll find someone who truly cares and doesn't hurt you like that.

What Girls Said 2

• yeah like you will be the last girl he would ever lie to?! how could you believe such nonsense. he is just trying to show he is not some serial two timer and cheater.

relax girl... I know right now it hurts and you must be really angry but its so much for the better that you got to know his true self. just imagine if you would have known the same things years after?

and there is no asking "why" to cheaters...they cheat because its in their nature to cheat and lie. its not your fault.

• he is trying to make it sound as if it was something in you which made him cheat. don't listen to this at all. please tell him to get lost. he cheated on you and he has the nerve to talk like this instead of apologising to you like crazy. you are so better off without him.