How long can my ex keep up the farce & will they last much longer?

My ex has been with his new girlfriend for 9mths. now-they became engaged after 3mths. I have not contacted him in anyway all these months. Rumor has it via his family he has many regrets about what he did to me & is not happy with her. During all these months. he has repeatedly driven by my house, text me on a few occasions by saying hi which I have ignored & actually, split up with her for over a wk. but, ended up back with her which I suspect is because it is better than being alone. If he is feeling this way than why can he not just admit to me he has made a huge mistake? I'm not asking because I have intentions of taking him back-he hurt me too bad but, can't understand why he would continue this farce with her if he really feels this way. Can his pride & the fact that I have not contacted him in all this time make him not come to me for fear of rejection from me? Could he be thinking that I have also, moved on although I have not since I am still in a lot of pain over this-we were together for 7 years & also, engaged? Also, what are the chances that they will last since they have already split up even though it was for a very short time? I would like to hear from anyone who has been in this predicament & what the outcome was. Thank you.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• You have done the best possible thing that you can do for yourself. I'm sorry to say this but he is a loser, all of his relationships will end the same way. Seven years is a long time, I know your hurting, but, one day, you will be so happy that things turn out the way that did. Continue doing what you are doing, the no contact thing is the only way to truly rid someone like him from your life. I'm sure he is very sorry, but that's something that he will have to live with. You should be very proud of yourself! Oh and to answer your question. He will keep up the farce as long as you allow it, continue the no contact and just ignore him eventually he will give up.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• stop thinking about him.

• Uh, if he was engaged to you and then went out and found some other girl and proposed to her after three months he's an idiot and that will NEVER last. If they did get married theyd be divorced by six months. I don't understand why men do the stupidest things. Seriously. Can someone explain this?

• IMO seeing as I know him so well-in his deluted mind she was the answer to our problems-wrong! They will follow him where ever he goes for sure! I think now he realizes it although, now he has more to add to the mix! This girl not only has some major health issues but, a teenage son, also. Great role model don't you think! Even though he devestated me & I'm still feeling the pain I have to somewhat pity her because I know what's coming!