Do guys actually enjoy ghosting a woman?

Does a guy enjoy it? Do they genuinely not have feelings anymore? How can someone be all in and think your the most beautiful woman in the world. Say how much he loves your ways and personality and tells you your an amazing mother etc. How do they cut it all off and act like they dont give a damn? I dont get it.

722

Most Helpful Guys

• Most guys who ghost women don't "enjoy" doing so - their motivation usually has to do with the fact that they were looking for casual sex and nothing more, and they are afraid (sometimes because they misled her in the first place) that she wants or expects a relationship - and by ghosting her, they don't have to deal with that.

In some cases, they discovered things about the girl that they don't like or want, but they were close enough to getting sex that they ignored those issues long enough to get laid, then ghosted.

Finally, sometimes they have other things going on in their lives that fall apart, and sometimes they just change their minds about being in a relationship.

But the vast majority of the time, they don't do it maliciously or with premeditation.

Unfortunately, men and women often want different things, and some guys will "break the rules" (by lying or misleading the girl) to get what they want, just as some women do.

You have to take reasonable precautions to protect yourself, and most of the time that is enough, but we all get burned sometimes.

• I wouldn't say enjoy, I've done it once to somebody I dated. We went out, and afterwards I would talk to her less and less, as I was initiating all the conversations. And even tually I just stopped talking since she didn't seem to want to put any effort into trying

Most Helpful Girl

• Well... if a person enjoys something, that means they have feelings. Joy is a feeling. It may be a sadistic kind of joy but you can’t just go around saying dudes don’t have feelings anymore 😂
    Sorry, I just thought that part was silly.

Responding to the rest: people lie. People manipulate. People change their minds. People don’t know what they want. People are inconsiderate.

It’s not just a guy thing.
    And seriously, you’ve got to realize that you’re dealing with human beings. You may have only encountered friendly ones but there are just as many shitty ones. How are this disappointed? Mildly hope for the best, definitely expect the worst.

There’s nothing to get or understand. That person is clearly not for you. Move on.