Why do some people take longer to heal from a breakup?

Updates:
7d
My ex was in a new relationship like 3 days after ours. It’s been 3 months and I am still getting over it all.
How is it that I can’t move on?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Women are biologically programmed to move on for best survival for them and their offspring. It's how they're wired.

Men love idealistically.
    Women love opportunistically. They're all in 'till it doesn't suit them and then they shut down sexually, cheat bail or any combination thereof.
    Get sick or injured, lose your job? Figure she'll cheat or bail. It's just the way they're built. You'll even hear the whining, "I deserve to be hhhaaaappppyyyyy". Or the famous "I love him but I'm no longer 'in love' with him".

The best way to move on is to forgive yourself. To realize you likely dodged a huge bullet. Women can be extremely toxic. And find a few more plates to spin, spin them up and see where they go. In other words, go get laid by some hot babe. You'll instantly forget the bimbo.

0|2
    1|0
    • 7d

Good advice from a red pilled old man.

• 6d

@frontyer - Right on. :)
      You can show and tell men the truth but they're usually not willing to listen and adopt it 'till their heart gets ripped out and stomped on by some woman. They'll rip your head off and shit down your neck hole. :)

• 6d

I can agree with this with first hand experience lmao. They are crazy

• Greater the damage the greater the time

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 3 months are like nothing when it comes to getting over a breakup... let me guess, she was the one initiating it? Then she probably had time to process it even before she actually broke up.
    Overall, the amount of time depends on the feelings invested, the duration of the relationship, who initiated it, the reason for the breakup and also your personality.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Yea we got into a fight (I started the fight) cause she was sexting her cousin's cousin like a week before we dated. It was so gross. And then lied about having contact with him
      She called me a hippocrite cause I wanting to ask a girl out before she and I dated so I said she acts like a whore. Which was wrong.
      And she dumped me then shoved the relation in my face

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well perhaps your feelings for her were stronger. people move on when they are ready to open their heart to a new person. perhaps she was not affected by the breakup as much as you have. don't hurt too bad, it's better to have deeper feeling than jump from one person to another

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't think that you really know how someone feels just by watching how they act. That's the first mistake to avoid making. Appearances can be very deceptive when it comes to people and feelings.

As a general statement though, healing begins with true acceptance and some people take far longer than others to accept that it's over.

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex had a guy move in less than 24 hours after dumping me and I was with her for 11 years. Women move on quicker usually because they have already been talking or even cheating with someone before breaking up so there is no healing period for them. They merely exchange one guy for another. Most women are hard-wired to do this. Get used to it now because it will most likely happen again.

0|0
    1|0
  • Personality - some are more emotionally connected than others.

1|1
    0|0
  • Some people have a different value and trust level in relationships and once damaged, can't recover as easily. Just like some people recover from injuries quicker than others.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the person. And why the breakup happened. Some people are more used to that process than others. And some care less and some people care more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some of us are really in love and take longer to get over them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how long the relationship was, how much invested the person was, how emotional they are.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on your emotional, mental, and psychological makeup and how deeply you fell in love with the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people are both mentally weaker and much more invested then others

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell me brother
    Yo really don't know the answer..😅

0|0
    0|0
  • Becasue they lack options.

0|0
    0|0
  • You move on when you find a better one

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people is not humane beings yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chances are she was in that new relationship longer than you think.
    It probably started before yours even ended.
    The less attractive one in the relationship usually takes longer to heal and find someone new.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes