Can’t get over a guy I was seeing. However stopped talking for 3 years and he contacted me, during that time I was over him?

Help. I have known a guy for about 8 years. I met him at worked.. we liked each other and hooked up. He said he was confused so needed time to
think. I was quite upset about it as you can imagine. I left the work and a few months later he contacted me but I told him to leave me alone. Four years later I contacted him, we started a relationship and I was moving too quickly and he wasn’t happy about that. I got angry and said some nasty things. A few days later I realised I made a mistake and said sorry for the nasty things I said but he didn’t want to talk to me. So I moved on met a guy who I have been with for almost 2 years. A few months ago the guy who I had these ups and downs with contacted me but from a fake Facebook profile as a friend told him I had a boyfriend. So he told me to contact him at work (he blocked me number so obviously forgot my number and was worried my Boyfriend may get upset, hence contact on fake profile) I told him I was busy and had a boyfriend.
The strange thing is, I haven’t been thinking of him for the past 3 years. (Not thAt happy with my boyfriend btw) and now I can’t stop thinking of him. What do I do? I hate that I haven’t been thinking about him and then he contacts me and I can’t get him out of my head) I liked him a lot when we were together and I was happy.
Im worried if I contact him and break up with my Boyfriend and it doesn’t work out, i’ll Just be heartbroken again.

103