Did I deserve to be cheated on?

I dated my male best friend of several years. Throughout our friendship he would downplay his girls like they were the one who were bad. He used to cheat and have casual relations with girls.

But with me he was always like a protective brother and would always take care of me and be super respectful.
I come from a pretty respectable family and am going for law school next year while he is still in undergrad and 5 years older than me. His family is a mess.

His past always got bought up a lot. He told me he had changed and was more mature now that he is with me. And that I am the one he was always looking for. But still past kept getting bought up. And towards the end he became controlling with the male friends I had while he had female friends.
He left after a big fight and a day later was dating the girl who he told me was just a friend.

Did I deserve this even though I knew what he was like first hand?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Dude showed no trust in you at the beginning which in turn made your relationship with him unstable from the start. A relationship requires trust, respect, communication, consent, and understanding to work. You should have dumped him after you found out he was seeing other women. But on whether you deserve to be cheated on... the answer is, no one deserves to be cheated on

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Yea you are right.
      Just still super hurt with everything and feel like I had it coming

• No, no one deserves to be cheated on but I wouldn’t date someone if they have a history of cheating. You thought he had changed but you found out he didn’t. Lesson learned. I hope you broke with that asshole.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Yea he was the one who left and later I found out he cheated. Even rubbed it in my face

• Nope..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes