Do you listen to people "how to move on /let go" advices?

people (especially the ones who've never experienced the pain of separation) think "letting go" is a piece of cake. I think even if your ex was a narcissist, it takes years to heal and forget about him. Move on advises are available in endless forms. What's your response when you get one? Do you get mad at them? Or calmly agree w them?

people around me trash talk all the damn time "how stupid it is to be hung up on somebody who's not yours" do you feel the same?

412

Most Helpful Guys

• someone who's been through something like your situation can best relate.
    some people are flippant and don't get it.
    I can relate to the narcissistic/bpd as I experienced that. Those people intentionally "tag" and "bag" you with pain to control you. healing from that is possible within a few months as long as you get perspective on it.

if a person finds themselves stuck, then more help is needed. No way around it... those situations are traumatic to our minds and our bodies. It is one big system that works together and holds onto emotion until those emotions are processed, put in place, released.

you may benefit from hypnosis or other techniques. there are videos on that which demonstrate it.

Add to this... if you were slammed by a narc, or type of personality, then there was stuff wounded inside of you before that which also needs work. thus why you are tied up in emotional knots and not wanting to get free. that's how human works unfortunately. emotonal zombies we ALL are until set free!

• by free I mean, emotionally. I'm not talking suicide or death in case anyone reads that. you can be free of this and live fully again to your full potential that you probably don't recognize yet.

• It is the right advice, but there's a way to deliver it. If someone just says 'move on', yeah duh thanks, we get that...

I usually try to sympathize with people going through pain because I have been there and I usually try to tell them ways of trying to take their mind off it, but I always acknowledge that it's not easy.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because I don’t hold onto things or emotions that don’t benefit me. I’ve experienced the “pain of separation”, I let my father go, friends when we outgrew or hurt each other and situations that were no longer good for me. I’m well aware it’s hard, but it’s a choice to invest energy and emotion into things that are bad for us instead of redirecting it into more positive and worthwhile avenues. That advice may be dumbly simplified in the extreme to “get over it” but it’s not necessarily incorrect