Should fathers be exempt from paying child support if the mother denies access to the child?

Providing there are no domestic violence/genuine safety issues, should child support be withheld if the mother denies reasonable access?

431

Most Helpful Guys

• I tend to feel that the one who will suffer the most from that kind of set up is the child.

I get that the guy might think that's the only leverage he has, but I'd personally lol into legal advice, rather than withhold thr money. It would feel like I was walking away, somehow.

• Absolutely. Mothers need to stop gatekeeping children. A father is just as much a parent as the mother is.

• Mother and father are NOT equal because it is the mother who carries the baby in her womb for 9 months and goes through hell to give birth.
      Mothers have a higher status than fathers.

• It's women like you who gatekeep children, prevent the father from bonding with the child and knowing how to care for it, and then turn around years down the road and blame the father for not knowing how to care for the kid.

• Parents are equally important, as soon as that child is born the decision making and responsibility is 50/50.
      The majority of women don’t go through hell to give birth 🙄 our bodies are literally designed to carry and birth children