Would you break up with someone because your friends don't like that person?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Depends on who gave the opinion. If they see something I don't and it's proven true, I would. When I told my close friends not to be with certain people, they never listened to me. They kept dating them. Now those same people are ex's, and they wished they listened to me earlier. Don't have friends who are not invested in your future and wants what's best for you. I only want what's best for them because I basically know everything about them. The problem is they keep getting involved with guys who use them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Real friends don’t openly express dislike for ones SO and instead accept that they are happy... I just feel like I wouldn’t tell my friend if I didn’t like their SO unless I had a really good reason. Respect that your friend knows what they’re doing, ya know? BUT always remember who was there for you first.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Not directly, but it would make me rethink the relationship. Not because my friends and partner need to like each other and get along, but because I think my friends are good at judging character, and it's hard to look at someone objectively when you are in that new relationship euphoria. So if my friends say hey, that guy seems sketchy or hey, I don't think she's right for you, I'll try and take a step back and see that person from another point of view.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually might.

Life has taught me that in a new relationship, sometimes you're too infatuated to notice red-flags about the other person. But your friends or family might see them because they're not blinded like you.

Although I've never had it happen, I've experienced it with friends and family.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My friends are my friends. My love life is only their business if I make it theirs. But other than that, if my so is innocent and loves me, my friends can zip it.

0|1
    0|1
  • i probably would. my best friends are friends that I've had for years & we've done a lot of life together & i trust their judgement. they're also all married now & if they disliked my partner enough to tell me, then i'd strongly consider that they're seeing something that i'm not seeing.

0|0
    0|0
  • No unless my friends had opened my eyes to behaviors or characteristics that I didn’t see before. But I consider their relationship with their SO first.
    Also, I’d listen to YouTube dating coaches over my friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • So... Maybe... Because the friends I have are highly in tune with me and are all very very intuitive... Very small circle.
    I f those friends brought something to my attention, I would be a fool to ignore them

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no.

They probably want you to break up so they can have the guy themselves lol. Or they're pissed off you're in a relationship and don't have time to go out with them much cause they're single and lonely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Friends are sometimes accurate... and see stuff from another point of view... so I guess I’ll keep their advice in mind but I’ll probably persist in the relationship and see what happens! 🤷🏻‍♀️

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, they don't have to like my partner, but they have to accept I love that person and respect our relationship. Other way, by friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, my friends don’t have very good taste in guys and have often ignored my advice plus not everyone has your best intentions at heart. Maybe if my mom didn’t like him then possibly, but it would have to be a good reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Really depends on the situation some broads are toxic and I might be blinded but my friends wouldn't be

0|0
    0|0
  • No but sometimes your friends not liking your bf/gf can relate to red flags you have already spotted with that person.

0|0
    1|0
  • Definitely not, unless they didn’t like him or her for good reasons (as in they found out he was cheating or treated other people shit or whatever)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but only if my friends had some valid reasons to not like my partner and if those reasons were a detriment to the relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends if they just don't like him? No. If they have a good reason? Perhaps but I'd talk to him first

0|1
    0|0
  • It would make me consider it. Because they must see something I don’t. If it was my sister not liking them, then I would definitely break up.

0|1
    0|0
  • It would depend on why they don't my so. Why don't your friends like yours?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes maybe. Friends of mine have been very accurate in judging women I have been with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell to the no. Is my body and it my choice chose what guy that I can have a relationship with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not right away, but I certainly would rule out marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not, but sometimes your friends can see something you can’t or aren’t seeing.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but I would ask them why they disliked her.

0|2
    0|0
  • Break up with friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost certainly not.

0|0
    0|0
  • NO way ….

0|1
    0|0
  • I won't break up

0|0
    0|0
  • No not really.

0|0
    0|0
  • No friends, so no problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • No their got be reason more then that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends why but i have don that

0|0
    0|0
  • No cause I’m Dating Them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls would do this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No because not only would they not do it for me friends are very overrated when it comes down to it maybe 1 or 2 people are your friends you can depend on the rest will not be there anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • That happened to me.
    My friends didn’t like her, I got mad and dumped my friends.. later on she dumped me.. my friends were correct.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes