Does a cheater still deserve to visit his child?

Ok so my friend has been cheated on in the relationship and they're not getting back. However, they have a 2 year-old daughter.

She wants him to leave (has thrown him out a couple times) already but he keeps coming back to see his daughter. He's not fighting to be forgiven for the cheating though. He only comes for the child.
  • Yes
  • No

2328

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't stop my ex. And he really hurt me; Not cheated, but he hurt me and I have a lot of emotional problems from it. ( I say that as long as he hasn't hurt our son that he can, I don't say anything negative or say what's happened to/around our son about him either). But I will say this, it's hard on so many levels. But I don't do it for him, I do it for our son, (He doesn't have him alone though, he has him at his parents). My question is why shouldn't she for this? It's not about what he did in the relationship, it's about a childs well-being/needs, a childs well-being/needs should always come first, that's part of being a parent.

• 7d

unfortunatly, things like this always involve the child. my problem is that he didn't consider the risk of losing his child due to his own actions.

• 7d

he nearly killed you

• The children should never suffer because of their parents relationship. but unfortunately it happens a lot, they use the child as a bargaining chip or to blackmail a parent. he perhaps does not deserve to get back together with the mother, but he definitely not only deserves but has every right to see his daughter. the daughter needs both parents not just one. he cheated on the mother not the daughter.

• Totally agree

• From the looks of it (the relationship), nope he doesn't want to get back with her and doesn't seem sorry about the cheating. The relationship was going downhill before the cheating and they would argue a lot.
      One time, I actually saw how happy the little girl was upon seeing her father. She said daddy and ran to him so fast.

• the little girl should not suffer just because the mom no longer likes the dad. I understand she may want to do this because she is hurt and angry, but she should not take it out on the daughter.

Most Helpful Guys

• What sort of sick wierdo are you?

Why should the child be prevented from having a relationship with its father?

To be clear, this is about the child growing up with the support of its parents.

If you want to punish the man, don't do it in a way that hurts the child.

Why does this even need pointing out? m not sure your friend has the right moral judgement to be a parent (speaking as a parent myself)

• Latest update from last night my friend said was that if she keeps it up, he's going to take legal actions against her and made it clear that he's never going to leave his daughter.

• Yes he does because cheating on you ain't related to his daughter, also it's his daughter and he have the right to see her.

Also he should of been making an effort to change and be sorry because if he truly loves his daughter he wouldn't have cheated.

• exactly the point i was trying to make.

• 7d

That's all he should come for. Your friend is an adult, she will get over it, that kid will never get over being abandoned if the Dad is pushed out.

• 2d

Why should he be sorry for cheating? You don't necessarily know if she cheated on him, neglected him, humiliated him in the bedroom, had poor hygiene, carried disease, had low libido and refused to seek help, anything. Nobody EVER knows the whole story of what happens in somebody else's bedroom, and I'll add that it's not in any man's interest to tell others that his woman cheated on him. This makes potential future partners see him as weak and low-value.

Never mind that, though. No woman who would consider removing a safe child from a loving parent deserves to be treated with any humanity whatsoever. The notion that such a person can be wronged is absurd.

He also doesn't have to love his daughter, or meet this or any woman's standards for what his emotions should be. It is his treatment of the daughter that matters, because it is her we are concerned about. The daughter loves her father and the mother is trying to make this little girl lose a parent. There is no wrongdoing against such a person.