Is it normal to be ashamed and embarrassed about an ex?

After I dumped my ex I was very disgusted by the thought of how much I lowered my standards, and that reflected on him. Every little thing about him just disgusts me, it is so annoying it is hard for me to let go. If any of my good friends (that haven't met him) see him, I'd be so ashamed that I ever saw anything in him.

4d
Reading all of the comments helped me reflect more on myself, including the negative ones (like calling me an obsessive bitch). I certainly didn't want anyone to get into arguments, I'm sorry if anyone has been offended here. Now regarding my original question: It does sound rather negative, and I do see my fault. I think my question should've been: How do I let go from these irritations?

712

Most Helpful Girls

• It's not normal at all because you want to leave on good terms. But if you're not happy with the way the relationship ended, and the type of person you're with, then you need to learn from those choices and not make them again. You need to avoid such people, and create boundary so you won't keep attracting and getting yourself involved with the same type of person. So if you met him as a stranger, then you shouldn't be dating strangers. That's one lesson you need to learn from.

• yep perfectly normal. We dump people for a reason and move on meaning weve changed and no longer are the person who wanted to be with them

Most Helpful Guys

• You're inventing shit in your head. Time to move on.
    Remember, YOU picked him. And you had the sense to dump him. Consider you dodged a huge bullet. Let go, move on with your life. That relationship does not define who or what you are.

• 5d

Can u please explain what exactly am I making up in my head? :)

• 4d

Every sentence you wrote in your question is something YOU made up in YOUR head. It's all just FEELINGS. So yeah, we get it, but consider that they are just that - feelings. Doesn't make them real to anyone but you.

• 4d

thanks for your comment, it has helped me reflect.

• I think it's totally normal, be ashamed, and let that shame keep you from making the same mistake again