Should she forgive him?

So long story short, my friend has a boyfriend that she's been dating for about four weeks. They both love each other, and he really cares about her and vice versa. Everything in a guy she sees in him. But something bad happened. On Tuesday, her friend shows her a few messages he had sent her over spring break where he was begging her for nudes and was trying to get turned on and stuff. Over spring break, my friends phone was broke so of course she couldnt text him. But as soon as she figures out from her friend she keeps it calm, and cries when she got home because she was confused, and felt she wasn't good enough. The next day at school, she brings it up to him, and surprisingly he admits to doing it and says it was a "very dumb careless idea" and he " understands if she needs her time to think about things" she's not a grudge holder, and didn't want to lash out and give him the silent treatment, but feels that he could also be lying. And to add onto this, her friend said that he told her not to tell his girlfriend because he didn't want her to know about it, and he was sorry for making a dumb mistake. I honestly dont know what to say but that i know its hard for her to see this happening and going on, and ik she has trust issues once stuff like this happens. So what should she do
Should she forgive him?
Add Opinion