I want to drop the charges against him?

I was with my kids dad for 14years the reason for the break up is he slapped my 6 year old son he had a swollen face bloodshot eye and red hand prints on his back I wasn't there my son was excluded from school for slapping his teachers hand so I collected him from and dropped him to his grandma house and I went to pick up my daughter from school and I came back to find my son on the floor I went to the police reported it etc the reason I want to drop the charges the police said if it go to court and he might not go prison because he don't have a criminal record for violence but he does for drugs as I've found out from police the reason for dropping the charges is we live 10mins away from each other and if he gets away with it it would be a nightmare and his a well known guy in the area on top of that me and the dad have talked about staying from away from me and the kids and he has agreed to it and his appected me and him are over as I also found out his a class drug addict he admitted this to me the other day so how do I drop the charges my son has done a video statment and the police have the pictures aswell I haven't done my statment yet I don't want to be moved out my home or my kids having to move schools in a different area we don't know as the kids are happy where they live and have settled in and don't want to move either
I want to drop the charges against him?
Add Opinion