Have I done something wrong or have I been tricked?

I was chatting/seeing a muslim man for about 7months last year. We feel head over heels quite quickly and started to discuss marriage and finding a house to move into together.

The next thing that happened has got be dumped/baffled. We had arranged for him to come over to my place for dinner one night. He had been excited about it all week. An hour before he is meant to turn up he cancels on me at the last minute due to a family issue.

I got really angry because i felt disrespected, he apologised and said he wanted to tell me earlier but was sacred and didn't want to make me angry. I old him i was done and over it all and we eneded it with him being upset and me being angry.

I calmed down and then apologised, but things were strained since then and we eventually faded out and lost contact for a while... The next thing i notice (approx 6 months later) is that he has been arranged to marry a girl from his country that 11 years younger than him.

I suppose i'm trying to get an explanation, would he not of been allowed to see me or marry me due to religious reasons?

I'm not a muslim or a virgin but he didn't care and said that didn't worry him because he loved me for who i am. We never slept together.

It's really hurt me because we can't even be in touch or stay friends.
1
1