Why is he so angry and hostile towards me?

Ok so I was dating this guy and we both liked each other a lot. He would always call me pretty and ask me why I picked him etc. well we got into a pretty big argument about a week ago and I left his house in anger and went to my place. He sent me messages telling me that I’m made him all depressed etc (he went to a bar even though he isn’t a drinker) the next day I tried to contact him to talk, and he was just so hostile. Every time I tried to talk to him he would be angry and hostile toward me. I was thinking okay maybe he’s just that mad over our argument so I’ll give him space. I contacted him a few days later (had to give him space) and he was still so hostile. He is literally acting as if he hates me. (The original argument was about a text message he got by the way.)

So I tried to give him more time and contacted him after a few more days and it’s the same thing. At this point we haven’t seen each other in a week. He even told me to go find a different guy to be with and I said I guess I will since we’re clearly done. And he called me a whore and blocked me. Lol I’m so confused.

So yeah we’re clearly over now and everything but I still wanted to get male advice as to what you guys think was going on inside of his head. Lol because I honestly have no idea. This was the weirdest situation I’ve ever been in.

So so tell me guys, what the heck happened? Lol
2
1