Why would a Ex boyfriend who left you text you to let you know he's having a good time?

Last night I got a text from an Ex boyfriend who dumped me two days before Valentines Day two months ago. He texted me very late last night that he was out with a friend and having a good time. And I'm a little confused why he would text me to let me know, when I never ask or stock him on what he's up to.

I should mention that we are on good terms now, just not no longer together. I'm also just wondering is this like a guy thing or something intentionally letting me know he's having a good time? Which I'm happy for him that he was out having a good time with friends last night. I just don't understand why he had to text me when I did not do anything to provoke the conversation of what he was doing or who he was out with.
17
12