How should I handle it what my girlfriend says that she is not ready for a relationship after 9 months together?

I recently had a huge argument with my girlfriend of 9 months about her being so unavailable lately which resulted in her saying that she doesn't know if she is ready for a relationship. I told her that excuse is something that is valid 9 weeks into a relationship and not 9 months into a relationship. She then said that "we have different ways of being" and maybe I need a girlfriend who understands me better and sometimes she wishes that she was single. I told her that she is not the only one who wishes that they were single sometimes, that I am not forcing her to be with me, and asked if she was trying to end the relationship. She ignored my question, I sent her a photo of my dog, she laughed and things are "normal" again. But her going 'nuclear' with threatening the relationship has been unsettling since this is something that is on her mind and would like opinions on how to handle it. I started pulling away to give her space which is what I think she wants, but I don't want to play games, so I am trying to let her come to me instead of initiating conversations. No, I don't think that she is cheating.

A little backstory: We are in a LDR, but I visit her as often as I can which is every couple of months. She is normally very affectionate with words (Colombian), so if she is not, I know something is going on. We used to write or talk a lot every day, but over the last couple of weeks she hasn't talked very often and when we have, it has been superficial. I asked her about it and told her that I feel like I need a little more attention from her more than a superficial conversation like "good morning, how is your day... good and yours... good, I have to go to work now". Then we don't talk the rest of the day, but I see her on FB messenger or Whats-app all day, posting stories to Instagram, things like that. I have always carried the weight and put in more effort in the relationship, but it seems like she is putting in less effort recently.
0
1