How should I text an ex for important questions after we’ve both moved on?

She broke things off about 2 years ago over text, we never spoke or been face to face since before that. Of course I handled it all wrong, begging, and wanting her back for a couple months. Then I stopped that, sent her 1 text a few months later telling her happy birthday, and when my father died, telling her and she sent her regards, then asking if she still had a picture of him she took so I could put it in an album, she didn’t respond and I didn’t try anymore. I’ve always felt weird to text her since the breakup was over.

Now, 2 years after it, I need some very important information from her, and feel very awkward to ask her about anything from when we were together.
last I knew, she’s been seeing someone, I never kept up, never checking her Facebook or asking around, so that makes it a little more awkward, I’m not wanting to cause problems there. Because of how I am, if I’m texting her, I still want to seem friendly, not just to ask her and say nothing else, especially because I do need to know the answers. I don’t have hard feelings about things, I’ve moved forward, learned a lot from that relationship and got back with the ex before her and have been together for over a year.
1
0