What would you do if your ex couldn’t forgive you over losing a pet and guilt trip you to make you feel worse?

Lost our dog a few days ago and I made the effort of searching for about an hour late at night. I felt hopeless because I had no idea where she went. My ex thinks I did it intentionally and won’t forgive unless I found the dog. “You should’ve looked until you found her”, she said, as if there’s a sure chance I would’ve found her searching all night and day. I was exhausted running around it’s insanity to keep looking and never stop. I thought the point in apologizing and putting forth effort to solve a problem is good enough to forgive after some time has past. We dated about a year been broken up for 5 months living together still I guess. We fought last night which led her to leave without saying anything with a suitcase. She had the nerve to guilt trip me ever since I lost the dog. So I was in the kitchen making dinner, then she came in there getting mad at me about this situation. Like we just went through this conversation multiple times it does nothing to solve the problem. “Look what you can’t have because you lost my dog,” she said, as she shook her ass. We had good times this week like when we first meet and for it to just spiral downhill to rockbottom is devastating to me. I admitted my mistake and was honest about it, I don’t see why she can’t appreciate that along with the effort to find dog. She also compared this to my car that I bought last year, “how would you feel if I slashed your tires then act like it was an accident”. Like as if me losing the dog and owning up to it is the same as her intentionally damaging my property. She never brought up memories about the dog since she’s gone all she keeps saying is “I spent a lot of money on her”. I get she’s spent money on her dog same here I’ve helped pay for things, but if she were a gift I don’t think it would be this bad.
4
3