My Boyfriend is legally separated yet won’t divorce his wife now that she is dating his brother. Why won’t he just get the divorce over with?

My Boyfriend has been legally separated from his wife for 10 years now. When we first met he said he was in the process of finalising his divorce that all assets where finalised and there was just the signing of paperwork to make the divorce official, knowing this I was reluctant to start a relationship not wanting to be the rebound but I ended falling for him now 7 years later we are in the same place his still legally married etc.
last year he said he wanted to get engaged and I pointed out he can’t because he is still legally married even if it’s just the paperwork left to make it official which he said he would sort it out.
A few days later my boyfriend found out that his brother is dating the mother of his child who is still legally his wife and suddenly he is no longer considering getting divorced. Why is it that he says he wants to get divorced but now doesn’t?
2
1