How do you get over a break up?

We just ended our relationship mutually because he had to go back to his own country and he’s probably marrying his own people there I guess. We knew from the start that this wouldn’t work. So we became friends at first. And then we started to fall in love.

I don’t know how to explain this feeling but I miss him so much right now. And this is so painful for me. We’re both from different cultural backgrounds and religions. He’s a Muslim from Uzbekistan and I’m a non Muslim from Asia. I knew we would eventually have to end it. As much as he loves me, but he loves his family more. As should be. And he wouldn’t want to break their hearts by marrying a foreigner. Sometimes I feel like texting him, telling him how much I miss him. But I don’t know if that’s the right thing to do. We did text once or twice but very casually. He thinks that I’m doing okay. But the truth is, my heart hurts. It has been 2 weeks since he left. I’m trying to keep it together here, but everything reminds me of him. He’s a really good guy. This is really hard for me. How to let go.
How do you get over a break up?
1
0