Working with my ex?

So it's been almost a year since my ex dumped me (we dated for half a year, I know it'skinda short but I loved her), to sum that story up, I broke her trust and we broke up, like i said its been a year since then and we've been working together, which really sucks. She's still kind to me, tries to hug me, and ask me how im doing. I tried being friends with her but it's hard for me, im still very much so in love with her and wish to make amends and try again but now there's a lack of trust so I just bury those feelings as much as possible. She's a great girl and I want to be close to her without getting to close but that hasn't worked for me. At this point in time I keep her at a distance, we dont communicate outside of work and barely at work. There's only six of us working here and thankfully we dont work in same room but I dread our interactions from the anxiety and stress it gives me to the feelings i need to constantly repress. Im not trying to find advice on how to win her back because I've accepted that chapter of our lives is over. I just want it to get easier and it isn't, has anyone worked with an ex before, if so does it get easier, does working somewhere else help? Thanks for any advice.
Working with my ex?
Add Opinion