Why does my ex girlfriend still try to reach out when she's moved on?

Was together nearly 2 years, she was long distance our last 7months (had rough patches) and when she moved back, she didn't want to see me as more than just friends. I declined being just friends as I had feelings still. This was 2.5 months ago. We did go on a couple dates since, but I didn't know she was dating someone else and she's been with a new guy a little under 2 months now.

I made it clear that I'm not interested in getting in the way of their relationship and I'm moving on and to reach out if things don't workout with him and if I'm still single. I have her on social media but I don't follow her but she still likes my social media posts and even texted me last week showing me a pic that reminded her of something sarcastic I used to say.

She's insecure so is that why she'd keep trying to stay in touch? Or things not going well her current guy? I'm not waiting on her or anything but wondering why she's doing this.
0
2