Should I text him?

Recently met with this guy nearly 2 months ago, we clicked instantly and feels like we’ve known each other for years. In this short amount of time we’re able to know what the other is thinking without having to say it and everything is so easy.

We used to talk every day, all day, he came & met me (lives in another state) and we ended up sleeping together, this was over a month ago, we carried on talking and he began opening up to me emotionally and me to him also.

He then openly admitted he had feelings for his ex still, we carried on talking but I realised I was starting to catch feelings. He recently told me he’s thinking of trying things out with his ex, so I told him we should stop speaking. He was upset and angry as he’s made it clear he’s scared to lose me, but my emotions were everywhere in that situation.

Its been 4 days since we last spoke, which feels like forever and I’m starting to realise I miss him more as a friend then anything, he was the person I confided in, who I could be silly and have a laugh with and generally just miss talking to him.

Should I message him in a weeks time? When we last spoke we got into an argument, however, we made up after. I don’t want to seem like that girl that ran back as I told him to stop contacting me, but at the same time I haven’t felt this connection with anyone in years and I don’t want to lose him as a friend. Help?
Should I text him?
1
1