How to get over my ex?

I was broken up with not too long ago, only a few days after my partner had told me how much he loved me. The relationship lasted 6 months. He gave zero indication of a breakup until one night, before a day of plans, he broke up with me so abruptly and randomly in my car. He gave me a vague explanation of "needing time to be there for himself" when he took as much time as he needed for himself during our relationship. Odd thing is, he confused me by saying he still loved me and didn't regret dating me. With his previous ex, he deleted her from every platform immediately after the breakup. However, I noticed he hadn't done that for me. When I asked if he wanted me to cease contact completely, he said I could "talk to him whenever I'm ready". I'm so shocked and heartbroken, and unfortunately still in love with him. I can't help but constantly wonder if he moved on, how many people he has slept with since, etc. I still have his stuff at my place and not sure what to do. I just can't seem to stop thinking about him. I need some sort of closure and a better explanation, as our relationship was so unique and close... like best friends.
How to get over my ex?
Add Opinion