My ex went back to his ex and I’m still devastated months later?

Hi, I’m looking for some advice. My first year semester of college I dated a guy that I thought was really great. We met over the summer and things were great until we went back to school and his toxic ex started constantly texting and calling him about getting back together. He assured me that he wanted me and only me but after 4 months he broke up with me “because of the distance” and told my best friend he was going back to her.
I was devastated and surprised because he said the most horrible things about her and I wanted so badly to be the best girlfriend I could and tried so hard for him. After a month she told him she only texted him and called him because she didn’t like seeing him with me. During this period he contacted me and then randomly ghosted me. Now they are dating. I guess I was the rebound girl the entire time.
Now It’s been 7 months since we broke up now and I am still in so much pain. I blocked his accounts because I can’t stand to see their photos. All I wanted to do was love him and it wasn’t enough. I feel so worthless, ugly, and foolish for believing someone could love me in the way I thought he did. he lives right down the road from me and I see her car outside his house and it crushes me. His family hates her but she’s there. All of my friends and his friends say that he didn’t understand what he had and that I’m too good for him but it’s so hard to believe that.
Will he regret it? Will they last? Any advice for finally getting through this?
4
0