Why would he text me how are you the next day after he dumped me?

I been dating a guy for 5-6 months. Everything was going good between us until he started to become distant and hardly hanging out. When we went out he would pay more attention to other girls and flirt with them right in front of me. I kept asking him we need to talk about us because the way he was acting towards me and started not to feel i was his girlfriend anymore. Every week my mind started to bottle up then i exploded and sent him nasty text messages why he's distant with me and how come we never hang out then i told him we need to move on. He texted me 2 days later giving me an explanation why he's being the way he's been. He told me because he didn't want to keep paying my way long term since im in school full time becoming a dentist and don't have a job currently since it will be hard for me and my grades. Then i wouldn't have a job 5 years later since dental school is 4 years. I was very hurt since he knew what he was getting himself into from the beginning. I never asked him for anything and always offered to pay my way. He also pays his friends and other random peoples ways when we go out. Then next day after he dumped me he texted me how are you? then texted me about his day yesterday and what happened. I didn't care since i was mad and upset. Why would he text me the next day how are you after he dumped me?
0
1