Is seeing a therapist after a breakup worth it? Has seeing a therapist ever helped you?

It's been little over a week since my ex and I broke up. We've remained friends and even FaceTime from time to time, but the change in our relationship is driving me mad. It's gotten so bad, that the other day during our call we both broke down crying and I NEVER cry.

I started writing down my thoughts in an attempt to cope with all these emotions but, since breaking down, things have just gotten worse for me. I even tried having rebound sex but bailed out last second because I've basically become repulsed by having sex with other girls.

I live by myself, and I come from a borderline abusive family so relying on family is not an option for me. Earlier today I scheduled an appointment with a therapist before things go from bad to awful. Do you think I made the right decision? Or am I just wasting my time?
3
0