Is the saying "they reappear once you disappear" true? Has it happened to you?

I know this can go for friendships or any relationship when only one party is doing the chasing/pursuing, loving, caring, calling, texting and just basically putting forth all the effort in the relationship while the other partner is doing the exact opposite making it clear they can care less whether or not they have you in there life such as:

Pulling away
Barely replying to the texts/calls
Possibly dating someone else or break up with you.

Which brings me to the saying "the person who cares less, controls the relationship." Maybe?🤔

I've seen a post on Instagram from someone saying this exact quote

"isn't it funny that when you finally stop giving a fuck about someone, that's when they start paying attention to you... all of a sudden you become important to them because you're no longer important to them? They start caring when you stop caring"

I'm not sure how true that is in every situation but what's your opinion on it?

And have you been in ANY type of relationship where you've been over pursuing someone or over pursued by someone that once you stop paying them attention or the other way around, you or the other person started caring again?
2
0