Should I just ask my ex to meet up to talk?

My ex and I broke up almost 3 months ago, our relationship was about 3 1/2 months. We haven't spoken or seen each other since, but I am having a really hard time moving on. It was unhealthy and we would be drunk and argue over silly things. We honestly were both kind of immature and didn't know how to handle our feelings or communicate, but we had great and very intense and intimate moments that we shared. He was my first relationship and I was his first relationship after a long time of being scared to commit.

He initiated the break up by saying he tried to get there mentally but he couldn't do the arguing anymore, he said we also kinda fizzled out. I agreed with him, but it still hurt a lot. It was a respectful breakup, a lot of hugging and him kissing me on the forehead. He said he wouldn't be looking to date anyone for a while. My roommate asked if we were broken up for good and he said he didn't know. My friend had recently posted me and her having fun with a couple of guys on snapchat, and he deleted her.

I recently went through our texts and I realized how wrong I handled any problems and I was so impulsive and let my emotions take the lead. I am trying to work on this. I've went on a few dates since, but it's been hard. I want him back but I feel like I'm torturing myself because I just want a clean answer on if there's a chance for reconciliation. Maybe there hasn't been enough time apart yet, I really don't know. But my feelings have not faded much. My advice has been mostly to work on stop drinking and to keep bettering and being the best version of myself. I was doing good for about a month and then I went back to drinking and have kinda been going downhill ever since.
1
2