He won't pay rent, don't know what to do?

Hi. I'm really upset and confused about all this. I want to break up with him but I love him. But he hasn't helped with rent for 9+ months, he has chipped in here and there, but never much because for the past year he has been unemployed so he says he can't. So I have been pulling him through this entire time, living in a pretty nice duplex with me. It angers me because this past year I am almost sure he could have gotten a job and helped me out, but he insists it was impossible. But yet, im sure some fast food place or gas station or SOMEWHERE would have hired him. How is that possible to get no work for so long? I dont know if he is actually trying or using/deceiving me. I've come home from work and A. he's done nothing but sleep all day or B. Play video games all day. Some days I know he has tried hard to apply, but he seems to purposeful apply for jobs he is under qualified for or he will tell me there is nothing for him available because he refuses to work at anything below $18/hr. Are you serious? I think he is being selfish, we've been short on rent, starving, and he still refuses to get a minimum wage job because of his - pride I guess? I don't get it. We need any money. Anyways, thats where my frustration started. Now, he finally got hired at a decent job and his first pay , but when I asked for his half of rent to help ease the burden on me. I asked for even $100 for groceries, He wouldn't give me anything. His reason is because "why does it matter? Its our money anyways. Its all the same thing." But its not, my entire pay for every month goes to rent and utilities and I see none of its for myself. So everything he gets he gets to keep for whatever he wants I guess? He won't get groceries or clothing, but wants to save up for a hut tub in the backyard and to fix his truck thats broken. I think no matter what before anything he needs to pay rent first for the place he lives at.
He won't pay rent, don't know what to do?
Add Opinion