Why does my Ex-Friends with benefits contact me after 3 months?

So there is this guy that I was friends with benefits with in November till march. But the last time we saw each other was the end of December.

He didn’t really gave me any attention and only talked to me when he wanted to hook up. He always took daysss to reply.

Anyways in march I told him that I just wanted some respect & he didn’t really know what I meant? And he said that he thinks that I have feelings for him and felt uneasy with it so he wanted to cut things off. ( I didn’t have any feelings for him tho )

We haven’t spoken since, until yesterday.
He randomly sent me a snapchat with ‘I think I found your earring’ ( I lost it in December @ his house ). So I was like wtf, 6 months later?
And then he said that I could come and pick it up ‘;)’. We all know what that means..

But my question is WHY? Why does he suddenly want to hook up with me again after HE wanted to stop with it? ( I don’t know if he hooked up with anyone else the last 6 months tbh )
3
2