My ex boyfriend said he’ll give me space to move on but he keeps reaching out. What to do?

So me and my boyfriend mutually decided to break up (we’re both graduated and starting our dream jobs about 7 hours apart, so we thought it’d be best). Now, we were friends for a while first so we decided that we definitely want to stay in each other’s lives later on. But, I told him I liked hearing from him but that I needed space to sort my feelings out and get used to being apart before we could move on to being friends.

He said he understood, probably needed space too, and would give me as long as I needed. But, he keeps reaching out. Not as often, but every couple of days he’ll send me a cute little meme or a random Snapchat, like that doesn’t count.

How can I tell him to quit it without hurting his feelings or losing him forever?
1
0