If he says I "deserve" wonderful things, why doesn't HE be a man and commit?

I’m am 21 years old grad student ( I have my own $+network) dating a 37 year old divorced man. He is a divorcee with an 8 year old son, and is an “entrepreneur/financial advisor” (found out he has a roommate+ leases his cars) ... We've know each other for a bit over a year and recently have been "on and off" since last October (but consistent since March after he wanted to try again)...

So obviously the relationship has naturally progressed, and I’ve hinted at commitment, but he tells me that he wants to spend more time with me, but definitely is willing to commit in the future.. I've met his friends and son already as well.

However, I told me after a small argument (he's super stressed that his son got held back from 3rd grade) I said that I am not going to wait for him to give me what I want/need (his commitment), and said we need time “to cool off” since I return from my 5 week business trip after this week... After 3 days I texted me and we made small convo, but now everything seems a little off, and he didn’t text me at all the past 2 days.

* The furtherest we have gone is french kissing, no strings attached for me*
5 mo
He always says he's is "timid and passive", and it's is really turning me off.
1
0