When should I break it off with this guy I met? His birthday is in four days. I feel conflicted, not sure when I should cut it off?

We've been on only two dates. And we have been talking since the 24th of May. I can tell he really likes me. I feel like we are too opposite and I don't feel anything for him. The first date I went on I thought I was too nervous and so I went on a second date thinking it would be different and I just realized I really don't like him. I feel bad to end it though because I can see he's desperately wants to date me. Also his birthday is in four days and I can't end it a few days away from his birthday. That's just really messed up. But how long should I wait to break it off after his birthday? Also should I do it in person? And what should I say? I was thinking to say I don't feel ready to date and maybe that wouldn't hurt him as much and won't destroy his self esteem and maybe he won't hate my guts? I dont want to be his friend but I just want to end it on a good note. Also since I want to end it... should I not get him anything for his birthday? I'm like in this weird between where I want to be nice for his birthday but I don't want to waste money since I'll be ending it and he'll probably throw it away. Before I decided to end it, I promised him I would buy him coldstone which I honestly can't afford. Should I just hangout with him, buy him ice cream and then end it some other day. I have no idea what to do. Please help and thank you!
1
1